12.04.2013

WIP Wednesday - Guest Host Edition!

This week, Sarah from the San Antonio MQG will be sharing a little bit about herself and her current WIPs with us.  Thanks for showing us your work Sarah!




Hi!  I'm Sarah Jimenez, guest quilter this week on Austin MQG's WIP Wednesday.  I am a member of the San Antonio Modern Quilt Guild, as well as traditional guilds in SA and Boerne.  Quilting since 1997, I discovered Modern Quilting in 2011, and joined SAMQG soon after.  I had a small wall quilt accepted into Quiltcon 2013, which was exciting!
Currently, I'm working on a paper pieced project using Denise Urban's fabrics in "The Road to Fortune"pattern.  http://applepiepatchwork.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/road-to-fortune.pdf

This is a group Outreach Project for the San Antonio Modern Quilt Guild, and the finished quilt will be donated to the MD Anderson Ovarian Cancer Quilt Project.( http://www.mdanderson.org/how-you-can-help/other-ways-to-help/ovarian-quilt-project/index.html )  Denise is a fabric designer who is currently battling OvCa, and she donated these fabrics to be used specifically for this auction. http://www.urbandigits.com/
As you can see, the block in the bottom left corner was pieced backwards...
Ooops- that's me!  Making it harder than it has to be!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Emily T. has a couple of bundles of these fabrics as well for AMQG to use in Outreach Projects... Perhaps we should have an SA/AMQG  "Meet-up/Reach-Out/Sew-In/" after the New Year?  


It's me again.  What have you been working on this week besides eating turkey and stuffing?  Maybe you've been working on your Riley Blake Challenge?  Hopefully you have some maple leaves for me next Thursday!  Don't forget your mug and rug either!  We're going to have fun swapping and stealing, I'm sure of it.  You might want to wear padding!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! I love that wheel of fortune block and it's on my to-make list for sure. A meet-up/sew-in for Austin and SA sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks Sarah! Emily and I were talking about doing sew-in of sorts for those bundles you dropped off, a group sew-in sounds awesome! I'm going to be reaching out to you...I'm in the process of lining up our 2014 monthly sew-in dates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for January. Another sew-in sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete